cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reddragon105
Level 3

Error 2228, after other errors during build

I'm trying to create an installer using a Basic MSI Project in InstallShield 2010 (Premier Edition with Virtualization, version 16, Service Pack 1 with Hotfix 52410).

After building the installer, I get an error during installation. When it gets to the 'Registering class servers' it gives the following error -

Error 2228.Database: . Unknown table 'ProgId' in SQL query: SELECT `ProgId` FROM `ProgId` WHERE `ProgId_Parent` = ?.

I must admit, although I use InstallShield quite a bit, I'm not very knowledgable about it, so I haven't got a clue what this means. There were also a couple of odd problems while putting the project together - when I was adding files to the project, which include around 10 .exe files, InstallShield executes one of them. At first I thought I'd just accidentally double-clicked on it when browsing for it, but that's not the case as I've tried again and it happens any time. It's not a main .exe, just an installer for additional components to be installed after the main program if required. I didn't think much of it, just clicked 'Cancel' when it popped up, but now that I've got a more serious error after building the project I'm starting to think that might have something to do with it (somehow).

There are also some Java related files that the application requires, and when adding those a message box saying "Java Plug-in 1.3.1_06 is not installed properly" popped up. The only option was to click OK, but the message box just popped right back up again until I'd clicked OK about five times. Again, not sure if this has anything to do with Error 2228, but this happens consistently as I've tried adding these files several times.

Any help with this? I've made several installers recently, before and after this, but I'm stuck on this one. I've tried deleting everything and starting from scratch but still get the same problems every time.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
rajeevshukla
Level 3

Hi,
I have the same error. I get the error twice. After disposing it off, the build process continues normally. Have you found out the solution here?
0 Kudos
reddragon105
Level 3

No, I haven't found a solution yet. I haven't tried anything else since posting here because I'm all out of ideas. 😞
0 Kudos
reddragon105
Level 3

I'd just like to mention that, one month on, I am still encountering this problem every time I try to build this project.

The project has been built from scratch on a different PC to the one it was originally built on. It has also been built from scratch on the first PC it was built on after a hard drive format and reinstallation of Windows. The same problem occurs on both machines, so it's obviously a conflict between InstallShield 2010 and one or more of the files I am trying to build into the installer.

Please, any help?
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Can you run MSI validation (Build->Validate->Full MSI Validation Suite, note that a release that is not a compressed setup.exe is required to run validation) against your build project to see if there are any ICE03 'invalid foreign key' errors related to the ProgId table?
0 Kudos