cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry123
Level 2

Error 1925 and Vista problem

Hi, I have a Basic MSI project created using IS 2008. All it does is install an exe and two dlls into Program Files\MyFolderName. I works fine in XP but on vista I get the following error when trying to install it to a customers computer
"Error 1925: You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installaton for the user of the machine. Log on as administrator and then retry this installaton"

The user in question has to log on to the machine using his username but I have checked and they have administrator rights for the machine.

How can I solve this problem.

Thanks

Harry
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mjlarezzo
Level 5

Under "General Information" go to the "Summary Information Stream" and change the property "Require Administrative Privledge" to NO. That will let any user install your app. However, I cannot say if your app will install correctly because with Vista permissions for certian area of the PC have changed.
0 Kudos
Harry123
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and this is already set to NO.

Do you have any other ideas??

Thanks
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

If your installation is transferring files to the Program Files folder, you'll need to select Yes for the Require Administrative Privileges setting in the General Information view—not No. Admin privileges are required in order to write to this folder. On Windows Vista systems with UAC enabled, end users will probably see a UAC prompt for credentials or consent.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos