cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewRich
Level 5

Error 1813 running IS2008 project upgraded from IS11.5

I have a large InstallScript project developed over several years in IS11.5. We are looking into upgrading to IS2008, so I have set up a second dev environment with IS2008 and migrated the project. When I launch the newly-built single-executable package, I get this error -- see attachment.

If I run the setup.exe in \Disk1, it launches normally. The problem seems to be in the single-executable setup launcher. I've tried running the Release Wizard to create a new release profile, but the same thing happens with the new package. I've tried running the single-executable package with ISDbg, but the error stops execution before the debugger kicks in. I can't even tell what resource is not being found.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've also attached the upgrade log, though it didn't show any errors or warnings.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hi, Andrew,

I don't have any firsthand experience with this, but are there any warnings during the build? If you do a verbose command-line build with the -v switch to iscmdbld.exe, are there any tips?

Robert
0 Kudos
AndrewRich
Level 5

RobertDickau wrote:
I don't have any firsthand experience with this, but are there any warnings during the build?

There are, but they are not new since the migration and don't affect the output.

RobertDickau wrote:
If you do a verbose command-line build with the -v switch to iscmdbld.exe, are there any tips?

I've not done that before, pretty interesting. There's a bunch of .NET stuff I don't recognize. The warnings about ".dll" appear in the IS11.5 build and have never caused a problem.
0 Kudos
AndrewRich
Level 5

More information: I created a "notepad" project using IS2008 on the same build machine. It launches without error, so I guess the problem lies in my converted project.
0 Kudos