Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacob2
Level 3

Error 1606. Could not access network location I101DuplicateHandler"

Jump to solution

Hello,

When I try to install an InstallShield 2023 R2 EXPRESS EDITION build for a Visual Studio 2022 solution, I get an error stating "Error 1606. Could not access network location I101DuplicateHandler".

But it's not supposed to be looking for anything on either a network or internet ???

I would appreciate any help.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jacob2
Level 3

SOLVED!!!   For some strange reason, when InstallShield 2023 R2 EXPRESS EDITION generated the C# Project, it set the "INSTALLDIR" to "I101DuplicateHandler".  I was not paying attention to this, since it had never happened in all the years I've been using InstallShield. 

Once I set it to "[ProgramFilesFolder]I101DuplicateHandler", it was able to Build properly with no more 1601 errors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jacob2
Level 3

SOLVED!!!   For some strange reason, when InstallShield 2023 R2 EXPRESS EDITION generated the C# Project, it set the "INSTALLDIR" to "I101DuplicateHandler".  I was not paying attention to this, since it had never happened in all the years I've been using InstallShield. 

Once I set it to "[ProgramFilesFolder]I101DuplicateHandler", it was able to Build properly with no more 1601 errors.

0 Kudos