cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seamusmc
Level 3

EndDialong ControlEvent Conditions

I have a Basic MSI project in which I've added a dialog that appears after the ExecuteAction step in the sequence.

The purpose of the dialog is to allow the person installing the application to create a user account in the application.

The ValidateUserInfo CA validates the input and sets the CREATE_USER_VALIDATION_SUCCEEDED to "0" or "1" appropriately. The CA also returns ERROR_SUCCESS OR ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE appropriately, though these return values appear to have no effect.

The CREATE_USER_VALIDATION_SUCCEEDED property is cleared in the PropertyManager.

The Events for the custom dialog's Next button are set as follows:
DoAction | ValidateUserInfo | 1
EndDialog | Return | CREATE_USER_VALIDATION_SUCCEEDED = "1"

The problem is that EndDialog always executes no matter the value of CREATE_USER_VALIDATION_SUCCEEDED.

The question is: How do I get EndDialog to execute only when the condition is true?

The reason I put the dialog after the ExecuteAction step is that I need to create the user after the Progress Dialog but before the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog, as explained in this KB article: http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q111299&sliceId=

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
seamusmc
Level 3

Mmmmmkkkk. The problem was an invalid usage of ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
0 Kudos