cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigergrace
Level 6

End of Installation

hello,

I wanted to show all updates for my products after installation. So I used the standard dialog sampler under tool menu to create show update checkbox after installation. But It can not show any update after installation when I select check for program updates, shall I add to some scripts to call some functions? I do not know why, does someone tell me the reason.

Thanks very much.

grace,:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
J_anitha
Level 8

Do you have a valid account in FLEXnet Connect? Have you registered your project there?
You need to do that before you check for updates.
When you check the updates checkbox, you have to call agent.exe with your ProductCode.
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

J_anitha,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a licence for FlexNet Connect and I am sure I check the checkbox of End of Installtion in FlexNet Connect. And I can show the update when I launch the application, but for after the installation the software manage can not be showed. In the help file it tells us the code invoke the agent.exe had been written. It does not work for me, I do not the reason. Do you make it work for your application?

Thanks,
grace,
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

I had done update notifications by creating a shortcut, which gets installed in my Program Menu.

Target for shortcut : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\11\agent.exe
Arg: -sn -appmenu
Working dir: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\11

It works for me. I hope it helps you too!
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

J_anitha,

I have implemented that functionality. At present, I do something to notify the user autmatically when application update.

Thanks again.
grace
0 Kudos