Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eriendeau
Level 3

Editing the Entire script

Hi, i want to view all the code was use to make the installation. Like :
ShowDialog Welcome;

Because i want to change the order of the dialog display and do a custom code. Somebody know how to do that??

Thanks.

Eric RIendeau
Senior Software Developper
eric.riendeau@medisolution.com
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project? If InstallScript or InstallScript MSI, you can open the InstallScript view and then select every event handler function name (OnBegin, OnFirstUIBefore, OnMoving, etc.) from every category, and InstallShield will paste in the default code it's calling behind the scenes. (You might want to perform this exercise on a new, blank project, if you're just curious about it.)
0 Kudos
eriendeau
Level 3

No just like the software InstallAware i want to be able the view all the code done to make a project. This is a example take from installaware(trial) but i'm sure is able to see that in InstallShield and not only some event.

SET VARIABLE TEST
DISPLAY DIALOG WELCOME MODAL
IF TEST = NEXT
DISPLAY DIALOG TERMINATE

I want to be able to choose the order of the dialog display in code. Make some condition, label, manage everything by my self like program code. For the type of the project i don't make one i just try to find the type to do want i want.

Thanks

Eric Riendeau
0 Kudos
eriendeau
Level 3

or if somebody have a way to change the order of the screen display on the setup to able to plug a custom dialog between basic dialog (i.e. between welcome and chosse folder dialog). And i want to be able to go to pick the value was entered on one of the control. If somebody was a exemple to do that was very very aprreciate.

Thanks to all

Eric RIendeau
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project are you using, MSI or InstallScript? (When you have your project open with InstallShield, the project type should be listed in the caption bar.) In either case, there's some functionality for including and removing common dialog boxes in the Project Assistant...
0 Kudos