cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmccue
Level 4

Allow user to only change drive, not path

How can I set IS to only allow the user to choose a destination drive, as opposed to a full destination path of the install?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project are you using (MSI or InstallScript)? I don't believe either type is set up to do this without changes, but it should be manageable with a bit of customization...
0 Kudos
mmccue
Level 4

It's a basic MSI.

I posted the question here because after trying to create a dialog that would allow the user to select from a list of local drives, I just got lost...

I have an installscript function that will retrieve a list of local drives, but cannot figure out how to sequence it or utilize it from within my custom dialog (custom dialog has nothing more than a drop down that I want to populate with the available drives).

I figured I could get the drives, populate the list, then when the user selects a drive, prepend it to the [INSTALLDIR] property and carry on... but I'm not having luck doing that...

Any pointers on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps try adding a VolumeSelectCombo control to your dialog box?
0 Kudos
mmccue
Level 4

That looks like that's going to do it! Thanks!
0 Kudos
aaronh
Level 2

I am also trying to do that same thing. Howeve, I have an InstallScript MSI Project. When I edit the SdAskDestPath dialog, I am unable to add a Volume Select Combo Control. It is grayed out in the toolbar. Does someone know why this might be?

Thx
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

(Follow-up of sorts [thread=173248]here[/thread].)
0 Kudos