cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilipc5in
Level 2

Editing XML \ Config Files in C:\Windows\System32

I've been trying to edit a config file – applicationhost.config in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config folder. I’m using the inherent InstallShield functionality of 'XML File Changes' for this. Whenever I try to make this change the system redirects the change to C:\Windows\Syswow64\inetsrv\config.

Now, I’ve ensured that the template I’m working on is 64 bit and all components in there are 64 bit as well. But there seems to be no way to make the change happen in the right folder.

The strange part is a change to the same file when placed in C:\Program Files folder – a 64 bit folder works! It is only in C:\Windows\System32 folder that I’m unable to make changes in.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
dilipc5in
Level 2

Using Sysnative in ism template i.e. [WindowsFolder]\Sysnative\inetsrv\config instead of [System64folder]\inetsrv\config seems to be working. I'm trying to ascertain the implications of using Sysnative in the template. Using Sysnative seems to create a C:\windows\Sysnative folder when it is actually supposed to be a virtual folder.
0 Kudos