cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dudum7
Level 3

ERROR 1316 when running an upgrade

Hi, i have a problem that occrurres during the installation of an upgrade.

at the start of the install when i'm running an upgrade file to upgrade the correct install version of the software i get to an install window saying "resuming the installshield wizard for x(the name of the product)"
pressing next it starts the upgrade by installing the files and fail with this error:
Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file c:\docum~1\dudu\local~1\temp\{64A2.....}\x.msi

well i know that if i change the product code so it won't do an upgrade i don't get this problem, so it only happens on upgrade.
Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

thanks

Dudu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Error 1316 occurs on small updates and minor upgrades when the name of the MSI file being upgraded is different from the base MSI. Changing the MSI file name requires a major upgrade.

Since InstallShield creates the MSI name by default from the Product Name value in your project, changing the Product Name in minor upgrades will cause this behavior. The Product Name would need to be changed back to its original value or the original MSI file name should be set in the "MSI Package File Name" field for the product configuration that contains the release you are building.
0 Kudos
dudum7
Level 3

thanks, i understand, but where can i find the "msi package file name" i looked everywhere and i can't find it. can you please help me and tell me where it is, thanks
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The MSI Package Name setting is available in the Releases view. Select the Product Configuration that contains the release you are building. The setting is configured per-product configuration.
0 Kudos
dudum7
Level 3

thanks, but it doesn't seem to work.

i have installshield 2010 professional version 16
i don't see any Releases view, but under Build-> release wizard i followed the steps there but i still get the same error.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The Releases view is one of the views that is listed in the Media folder. Perhaps the following screen shot will help you find it.
0 Kudos
dudum7
Level 3

Thanks a lot, i now understand what i did wrong. thanks very much for the help! 🙂
0 Kudos