cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fritzlero
Level 3

Dynamic Web.Config file version to install

HI.. not sure if re-post.. anyways..

i have an assignment to create installer that will select web.config of my choice file to install for example..

we had 3 servers:

Development Server
QA Ser
Production Server

during installation i want to select web.config designated to selected server (radio button) on the dialog.. thus, if the installer gone thru other servers i can select my web.config of my choice for the Server i'm currently installing..

for now, i created 3 sets of web.config inside my installer..
i successfully created radio button group... and test event. but the problem is the web.config dynamic selector.

any possible solution/scripts about this? thanks and god bless..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

The best way I know of to handle this is to place each of the different web.configs into their own component and then to use conditional statements on each component to determine when they should be installed. Since you said you are using a radio button you can use the property from the radio button group to determine which one should be installed at a given time depending on the value of the property.

James
0 Kudos
fritzlero
Level 3

can you guide me more bro..maybe you can give me sample demo.pls.. i had deadlines on monday 😞
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

What I was refering to is that if you select a component among the settings for it is the condition. You can set this condition so that the component is only installed if the property from your radiobutton group is a specific value.

The conditional statement would look something like

RadioButtonGroupProperty=1 for the first component
RadioButtonGroupProperty=2 for the second
RadioButtonGroupProperty=3 for the third

etc..

On the dialog for the radiobuttongroup you can set what the name of the property this value is stored in is. By default the first radiobutton sets the property to 1 the second to 2 and so on.
0 Kudos