cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adriaanpfeiffer
Level 3

Dutch language support in Installshield professional edition

Jump to solution

We only use one language in our user interface of our setups and we use the professional edition of Installshield 2018. In the help about run-time language support in Installshield there is stated "The English version of the InstallShield Professional edition lets you select one of 33 languages" . But in the UI the only possible language selection is English. How can we make sure we are able to select the Dutch language? We don't need to be able to select the english language.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Installshield Professional does not have multi-language support. 
The language that is used in the IDE is the language that would have been selected during the installation of Installshield.
If you uninstall Installshield, and then during the Installation make sure that you select Dutch rather than the default English.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
roman2
Level 7

Please show at the att. picture.

0 Kudos

Is this an anwer or a question to my question?

0 Kudos

It shows, where to put/activate setup languages.

0 Kudos
adriaanpfeiffer
Level 3

As I posed my original question I already attached an image, but apparently it is not so clear. Maybe the next picture clarifies, so see attached image.png. As you can see in the image, only the English language is selectable. We need to be able to select the Dutch language as we don't care about an English installation.

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Installshield Professional does not have multi-language support. 
The language that is used in the IDE is the language that would have been selected during the installation of Installshield.
If you uninstall Installshield, and then during the Installation make sure that you select Dutch rather than the default English.

Ok, good I was already in process of uninstalling because I guessed that it probably was something like that. I only didn't remember that I made a language choice while installing Installshield. Thanks for clarifying. 

0 Kudos