cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iannorthwood
Level 3

Download installshieldmsisetupprereqs.exe

I'm trying to update an eval copy of IS 2008 and, as part of the update process, this file, supposedly some 200Mb in size, is d/l only 103K's worth. Does anyone have a d/l link to this file? I'm desperate to prove to my client's management that IS can handle their MSIs better than Wise, particularly when capturing/re-packaging but, unless I can get this file really quickly, IS is dead in the water.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Downloads such as the InstallShield 2008 setup prerequisites are available from the Downloads area of the acresso.com Web site.

Here's a link to the page that has the InstallShield 2008 downloads:
http://www.acresso.com/downloads/downloads_8721.htm

Here's a direct link to the installshieldmsisetupprereqs.exe file for the English version of InstallShield:
http://saturn.installshield.com/product/is/2008/domestic/othersetups/installshieldmsisetupprereqs.exe

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
iannorthwood
Level 3

Hmmm..you may recall, in my original post, my saying that the link downloads a file of only 130K? That's still the case so many thanks for the link but we're no farther forward 😞
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Oh, sorry! I guess I'm misunderstanding the issue. When I download the file, I get a 232 MB file. When you download the file, is it only 103 KB? I'm not sure how that would happen.
0 Kudos
iannorthwood
Level 3

Correct, only 130K. I successfully d/l ALL the other 2008 updates so I know it's not a browser/firewall/proxy issue.

Is there an alternative link/location I could try?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

That's really odd. Can you try downloading it again from that location? I don't think it's posted anywhere else. Maybe there was some issue with your connection while the file was being downloaded, so the download wasn't successful. Since others here have been able to successfully download the file, I don't think there's something wrong with the file itself.
0 Kudos
iannorthwood
Level 3

Thanks, Debbie. I have a colleague trying as I write this. I'll post back with his results.

EDIT:
OK, that seems to have d/l OK. Maybe I was a victim of sunspot activity...

Thanks again for help and very prompt responses. That alone most make Acresso unique amongst software vendors.
0 Kudos