cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff1
Level 3

Download and activation issues

Was able to install ISLE on my laptop with no issues a couple of weeks ago, though I thought it was strange that I never had to enter the activation code. Now I need to install and activate it on my workstation. I was able to download it but after install I could not activate it. I was always sent back to the download site. Posted about this but got no reply. Today I decided to start from scratch, I uninstalled ISLE from my workstation and started the download process all over again. Now I cannot even download it, I get "error has occoured processing your registration : * SN error".

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the version that I was able to download many times always with the same results and I have filled out the form and tried to download the file again 3 times today.
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello Jeff,

Apologies, you had to followup. I have looked into your other threads and understand you are trying to activate InstallShield Limited Edition on Windows 8.1 Operating system, German Version. Kindly confirm.

I tried to register on Windows 8.1 (English version) and was given the serial key without any problems.

Can you kindly try activating ISLE directly through command prompt? Run->Cmd-> browse to the InstallShield folder, for example,
C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2013LE\System and then enter tsconfig /activate.

This will pop-up the activation screen where you can key in the serial key and activate. Close Visual Studio when you perform these steps. Let me know if that helped.

Once activation is done, launch Visual Studio and try creating or adding a new project.

I will also send you the new activation key through private message on the forum. Please use the same and let us know the result.

Thanks and Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
jeff1
Level 3

Yes Win 8.1 no to German version, United States, English.
0 Kudos
SwethaRao
Level 7

Thank you for the clarification. Please check your private message for the serial key. Try activating it using Tsconfig and let me know if that helps.

Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
jeff1
Level 3

I get this error with the manual activation

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\System>tsconfig /activate
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in
correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.e
xe tool for more detail.
0 Kudos
jeff1
Level 3

Does the new error information help you find out what is wrong?
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Try to register and download the installsheild limited edition again and activate it using the new serial key by visiting below link :

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
jeff1
Level 3

Still will not install. How many times do I have to register and download this before it will actually work?
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello Jeff,

InstallShield Limited Edition 2013 with Visual Studio 2013 Professional, successfully builds on a Windows 8.1 English version machine and hence we are not able to reproduce this issue that you are trying to convey.

Could you please attach a screen shot of the error and also kindly re-try integrating InstallShield with a serial key on a different machine and let us know if the problem still persists?

Kindly ensure if your machines are connected to the network and there are no access restrictions in the internet connection.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos