cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roskeysl
Level 2

Download Manager - Download request failed on host.

I have installed the Download Manager and attempted to download the various files included with Installshield 2018 Professional version, but I get an error: "Download request failed on host." Is there something I'm missing? I attempted this on a Windows 10 machine and a Windows Server 2016 machine and got the same results.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @roskeysl ,

"attempted to download the various files included with Installshield 2018 Professional version"

What are all the files you are trying to download?Can you tell us what Download Manager does?Hope it is third party tool.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

From what I am to understand, the Download Manager basically is a mass downloader tool that was provided in the package to download the InstallShield files. I believe this tool makes it faster and easier to download many large files at once. In order to download the files in the Product List page, I had to install Download Manager on my machine first. When I select the files to download and click "Download Selected Files", the Download Manager pop up displays and the download fails.Download_failed.PNG

0 Kudos

Hi @roskeysl ,

Got it,asked just to clarify whether third party tool download manager comes into picture.

Yes,generally that would be called as customer portal where entitled users can download required files as well view licenses.See below resolution helps you:

Error Message Download request failed on host.

Cause
Port 45786 is not enabled on downloading machine.
Resolution
Enable port 45786 on the downloading machine.

Please refer the below KB for more details:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Operations-Knowledge/FlexNet-Operations-hosted-Download-Manager-introduction-2019-R1/ta-p/97385

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos