cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shuttledude
Level 7

Does InstallShield 2013 Premier integrate with Visual Studio 2013?

Currently we use Visual Studio 2012, which allows me to include an InstallShield 2012 Spring or InstallShield 2013 project as part of the VS2012 *.sln file. We are thinking strongly of migrating to Visual Studio 2013. I have installed VS2013 and IS2012 Spring w/SP1 as well as IS2013 Premier onto a test computer. But I cannot get VS2013 to "see" the *.ism project files when I try to include them as part of the VS2013 *.sln solution.

So I am wondering if we need to wait for the next version of InstallShield (to be named InstallShield 2014, I assume ;)) before we can move on to Visual Studio 2013.

Anyone know for sure?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield 2013 SP1 includes support for the Visual Studio 2013 integration. For information on how to obtain this update, see the following thread:
Read me first: Quick links for info on InstallShield 2013
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

Looks like that did the trick! 🙂 Seems to work on a standalone computer (not connecting to our Microsoft Team Foundation Server computer), I will need to do further testing to make sure it works on the "build boxes" too.

Question: I would assume the same service pack can be used to update build boxes that have standalone (node-locked) IS2013 licenses (i.e., not a full-up IS2013 gui development). Is that correct? :confused:
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

An updated version of InstallShield 2013 Standalone Build is available as a full installation not as a patch. For more information, please read the To obtain the updated Standalone Build section in the KB article; Q213736: Service Pack 1 for InstallShield 2013.
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this useful and timely information! 🙂 😄
0 Kudos