cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying a SpawnWaitDialog

Mine is a Basic MSI project.
In the "Ready to Install" dialog's Next button , I have sequenced a VBScript CA that downloads some files over the internet and it is synchronous by calling it in "DoEvents".In the CA , I set a property when the downloads are over.
Next I sequence the SpawnWaitDialog with the name of the dialog as it's argument . The condition for the same is false (the proeprty that I set in the VBScript CA).

This does not show me the Spawndailog during the download process, but instead displays the same on completion of the VBScript CA

Any clues on what went wrong and how can I acheive the desired result ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As you've seen, SpawnWaitDialog is tricky to set up; is it an option to make your action a deferred-mode action, and add information to the SetupProgress dialog box?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

That is not possible, since the CA executes a third party installer which is an MSI . Thus cannot be run in execute sequence which throws an error saying Windows installer engine is already running". You may ask me to put the MSI as a chained MSI .This is also not possible since the list of MSI that needs to be installed are only known at run-time basedon a XML that is downloaded from the server.
0 Kudos