cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcstar
Level 3

Displaying Install Summary - not your usual question about the subject.

Hello,
I've read thru all the docs and postings here about adding a Listbox to display a Summary of the install settings(properties). All is going ok with one big exception, a large number of the properties are not available to me when this runs.
I've written it in InstallScript, it's a Basic MSI project, and I added a msgbox just after after "MsiRecordGetString(hProprecs,1,sPropName,nBuffer);" in my While loop and have the msgbox printout the sPropName value and for some reason a large number of my properties do not show even though they are used and filled in, this include INSTALLDIR. Some but not all of the fields in question are part of the "SecureCustomProperties" property.

Anyway, I cannot figure out why this is happening since it is only some properties not showing up. Anyone have any idea???

Thanks,
Jon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

First, where do you have the action scheduled? If you create an MSI log file, are the final property values any different?
0 Kudos
jcstar
Level 3

I have the action running when the user clicks next on the dialog just prior to the Ready To Install dialog which is where I have the Listbox.
I ended up just dropping the database lookup of the properties and just went with the msigetproperty and this worked. I'm still puzzled why some properties are not present in the database lookup but then if I use the msigetproperty method they are.

Jon
0 Kudos