cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanfrank
Level 3

Disk spanning stopped working, error 129

A couple of weeks ago, I built my project. I noticed that disk spanning had kicked in because the media was above the 650MB limit for a CD. I don't actually care about fitting on a CD, but the project has inherited this parameter over a long history of copies. Anyhow, no problem, the project worked fine.

Today I needed to rebuild the project. Same computer, but now I get error 129. This has three potential causes: actually out of disk space (nope), out of virtual memory (nope), or the package is too big for the media. It is, but it should span as it did before. The documentation says that the build tab shows the media type (which it does, CD 650MB) and the spanning setting, which it does not actually show, so I'm not sure if the issue is that somehow it got turned off or if it's not spanning even though it's turned on.

I could create a new project from scratch and specify a media type with unlimited size, but the project is big and hairy with obvious risks in trying to recreate it from scratch.

I also attempted to edit the XML in the project folder to increase the size and enable spanning, but was not able to do that successfully.

Any other ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

If I am understand your problem correctly and your desired outcome, modify the release settings to make this a network image instead of a CD image.
0 Kudos
alanfrank
Level 3

DLee65 wrote:
If I am understand your problem correctly and your desired outcome, modify the release settings to make this a network image instead of a CD image.

This is what I wanted to do all along. However, the documentation states that this parameter is read-only and so cannot be changed without recreating the project from scratch. Given that the project includes content from a large variety of sources, it would be time-consuming and error-prone to do this.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

In the IDE, navigate to your Releases view
Right click on your Release name
Select Release Wizard
Navigate through the panes until you come to 'Media Type'
Change the Media Type to 'Network Image'
Continue and save changes.
0 Kudos
alanfrank
Level 3

Thanks! That worked; I was able to make the change and successfully rebuild the project.
0 Kudos