cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grindle
Level 2

Disappearing licence agreement

I browse to the text file, add it. Build it. It was there once, now it's gone. Go back, double check the file is there....it is. What is the problem and how do I solve it??

And just a matter of opinion, it is crazy to charge $2600 for a piece of software that has problems like this out of the box. I have had other problems similar to this pop up, which I had to find resolutions to using google as the help files are anything but. Get on the ball, Flexera. I'm also curious to see how long this post stays up before an actual flexera engineer responds (with a solution).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

I am not an engineer for Flexera, but let's assume that your project is for a MSI. You do not state what type of project you are working on.

I would first double check that something is not mangling your path statement, such as trying to view your project in a different directory other than the directory you originally started the project in.

1. Check the Path Variables - do they look correct. This is found under the Media settings.
2. Does the path to the license file use an absolute path or relative path? If it is absolute, is the path the same on the build machine? I usually make sure the path is relative to the project file and usually that is consistent with the build machine and my development machine.

While this can be frustrating to chase down, invariably these are related to a problem in our process rather than the product. I have worked with the product for years and not seen a similar problem with a missing license file, but probably because I have a consistent process of always using relative build paths. Whenever the app tries to substitute a absolute path I force in a relative path because I know it can lead to problems if the build machine ever changes the folder structure.

I am not saying this is the issue you are having, but it is a place to start.

Respectfully,
Daniel Lee
Release Engineer, Amazing Charts
0 Kudos
grindle
Level 2

Thanks, Daniel, that fixed it. I am using an installscript project, btw.

The bug is reproduced by using the Project Assistant. The path to the txt file is changed from relative path (which works) to absolute path if you switch between Project Assistant and Installation Designer. It will switch back from an absolute path to relative path if you click browse again in Project Assistant and select your file again.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

That probably explains it. I rarely if ever go back to utilize the project assistant once I have gone through it once. Secondly most of my projects have always been MSI for years now. 🙂

I am glad it was something simple, but unfortunately frustrating.
0 Kudos