cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perim
Level 2

Disallowing uninstallation of component

I had Installshield 11, and our product version 8.3 packaged in that. We recently upgraded to IS2009, and new product version is 8.4, and it is being packaged in IS 2009

the installshield script is scripted to overwrite the existing version of product during installation process.

What is happening is if I install 8.4 (packaged with IS 2009) over the 8.3 (IS 11), if I want to uninstall the 8.4 version, it is leaving the DLL's, folders, registry entries in the system. Only the value from Add/Remove folders is being removed.

I read through some of the previous posts, and this is what I noted down so far -

1) RemoveExistingProducts in the log file says it is not performing any action because it is in maintenance or uninstall mode

2) For the components, I see the value "Component Unregister, Previouslypinned =1" - Not sure why? Is this because the older version is 8.3 which was packaged with IS 11, and so the new IS 2009 is leaving it without installation.

3) Disallowing uninstallation of component is being shown for all of the components - Not sure why???

Any guidance on how to go about this issue is appreciated.

I have attached the detailed log file.

Thanks,
MP.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

How are you performing the upgrade (sounds like a major upgrade, but you mention InstallScript)? If you create a major-upgrade item, does InstallShield's upgrade validation tell you anything? Is this Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI?
0 Kudos