cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

Directory Display Control Empty At Runtime

Hi all,

On the Destination dialog, I am adding another set of controls to browse out to another directory that is needed to pass to a custom action. I first want to get the UI functioning properly, but for some reason, the Directory that I added to the Directory Table is not added to the .msi.

The directory table entry is...

AVSERVER IISROOTFOLDER jvue

The label control had a property of _BrowseProperty and a text value of [AVSERVER].

I believe its not in the .msi as it is seen as unused and not included at build time.

At runtime, this control is blank and when I click the Change button for this set of controls, the error occurs.

The funny thing is that it works on an earlier version that I created.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

From what you described, I would check the value of Keep Unused Directories in Build Tab for a Release.
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

I do have it set to remove unused directories, but my earlier version 8.x works fine under the same setting.

The problem is with our 10.x install. The only real difference at this point is the 10.x installer offers two languages. I wouldn't think that should interfere here at all.

What constitutes a Directory being 'used' within the confines of the installer package. If I reference the property on a label control, is that not being 'used'?
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

The only other difference I failed to mention is that with 8.x, all the new controls were added from scratch. The 10.x controls were copies/pastes from the 8.x dialog.

I decided to trash all the changes and redo 10.x by adding not copy/paste and this seems to have worked.

What the difference is, I don't know but I tried to match all the contol attributes after the copy/paste. At any rate, I think I'm good now.
0 Kudos