Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arsirantala
Level 5

Dialog editor crash while trying to edit dialog added language

Hi,

Product: Installshield Premier 2008.
Package type: Basic MSI

In our installation package the Hindi language is needed to be supported as well.

Here's what I did to get to appear as a selectable language in installation project:

I followed the instructions in here: http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q106687

Since Hindi isn't available from Tools/Add New language, I had to make it shown by adding the language lcdid to the registry (see ss1.gif). After that I did the steps mentioned in article (above link). that is:

• duplicate 0409 directory in redist directory and rename it (in this case to 0439 as this is lcdid for Hindi in hexadecimal format)
  • duplicate 0409.ini file in support directory and rename it to 0439.ini
  • edit 0439.ini file's first line of text so that there is instead of 0409.ini a text 0439.ini
  • i duplicated 1052.txt file in languages directory, and renamed it to 1081.txt (not sure was this really needed)
  • edited the langs.ini file in support directory so it'll include text "1081=Installed"
  • added "Hindi=439" text to sections [1033], [1031] to languages.dat in support directory.

Now when I try to choose in dialog editor any of the dialogs and Hindi language it'll make the IDE crash.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
arsirantala
Level 5

Any ideas how to get this fixed guys? I heard from collegue (sp?) that Hindi wouldn't be supported language in vista. So his opinion was that if Hindi language would be wanted to be included, then a language with certainty it wouldn't be used in future would be faked to be as Hindi.

In past languages with Lcdid with 5 digits were not supported. so such were faked to be language which wasn't included in the package.

So maybe the crashing is due that its not supported in vista?
0 Kudos
arsirantala
Level 5

I saved the project file to Installshield 11 version, and did the adding of Hindi language first to our Installshield 11 premier version - according to the guide above.

Took Tools / Add new language (in installshield 11 premier) chose the converted project, saw Hindi in the language list, went to the dialogs editing section in IS 11 and program crashed - like in IS 12 premier. 😞
0 Kudos