cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larzw74
Level 3

Dialog box mouseover question. (newbie)

I am trying to create a custom dialog box with (4) checkboxes and a text box to show information.

What I would like is that when the user mouses over a checkbox, the text for that option becomes visible, and all others become not visible. (I want to give the user info on what the checkboxes do, without showing all of them at the same time).

Is this possible? How?

If this cannot be done with a mouse-over, could I just have the text box updated when a checkbox is actually clicked?

Thanks for your time and help.

Larry White
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I'm fairly certain there's no support for mouse-over events. With radio buttons this would be fairly straightforward---create overlapping text controls with the various descriptions, and use control events to show only the text field for the selected radio button---but check boxes might be a bit trickier, since there isn't really the notion of the last selected item.

(I haven't tried it, though, so it might turn out to be easy; if you're interested in pursuing, you might post a follow-up and see if the community has something up its collective sleeve.)
0 Kudos