cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobmcm461
Level 6

Determining if an Installation has been aborted.

I have a master installation (Installscript Type) that I am working on that calls several other sub installations (InstallScript MSI Type) using the launchappandwait function. If one of them fails, or is aborted, the master installer continues to call the other sub installations making it difficult to abort the installation as a whole. Is there a way to determin if an installation that is called with LaunchAppAndWait has failed or been aborted, so that I can abort the master script as well. It appears that the return from the LaunchAppAndWait just returns if the application was launched sucessfully, but does not give any indication if the process completed properly.

Thanks
Robert McMahan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

I think LaunchApplication will be more helpful as you have greater control on different parameters.

Check this:

To obtain identification information about the launched process, use the LAAW_PROCESS_INFORMATION system variable or the LAAW_SHELLEXECUTEINFO system variable (if you are using LAAW_OPTION_USE_SHELLEXECUTE).
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'd look at LAAW_PARAMETERS.nLaunchResult; however you may also be able to tell by looking for some registry key (perhaps their Uninstall key) that a successful installation would place on the machine.
0 Kudos