cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscw
Level 6

Desktop shortcut Icon Issues.

When Installshield makes a desktop shortcut it does it for reasons best known to itself BEFORE it copies the exe file to the target. A work round to make the shortcut have the product's icon is to define the shorcut as using the icon from the source directory which is fine when files are stored in CD folders. Now we have started to produce UPGRADE versions of our software which are more compact and use cabinet files so when upgrading the Icon for the product shortcut gets removed. At the moment the best I can come up with is setting the Icon to not be replaced.

we do use :

AddFolderIcon ( FOLDER_DESKTOP, szResult,"\"" ^ TARGETDIR ^ "\\cdrive.exe" ^ "\"", TARGETDIR, TARGETDIR ^ "\\cdrive.exe", 0, "", REPLACE);

To try and set the correct path etc for the desktop shortcut and select the I*CON file in our OnFirstUIAfter routine but as far as I can tell it does not normally actually do anything.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chriscw
Level 6

Changing the command to ReplaceFolderIcon does seem to make the scripted replace Desktop Shortcut work, I would still like to be able to make Installshield create the shortcut with the correct ICON specified as being in the correct place though.
0 Kudos