cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlschmidt
Level 3

Deleting shortcuts and creating shortcuts

Is there a better tutorial or examples of deleting and adding shortcuts to the desktop than what are in the help file?

I am very new to installshield and am not familiar with installscripts at all. While I understand the basics of the examples they have I am not able to get them to work for my MSI.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
ametisse
Level 5

Hi,

I think you should write more informations :
What is your InstallShield version (professionnal, express...)
and what is your project type (installScript project, basic MSI project..) ?

With these informations, I think you will have more answers.
Have a good day 😉
0 Kudos
jlschmidt
Level 3

I am using installshield 2010 with a basic MSI project.

The project calls an exe to install an application. This is ISS driven install. I have created an ISS answer file to install the application and that all works fine. When the program is installed there is no option to not add a shortcut to the desktop or start menu. I have created a shortcut that I want the users to use to launch the application. When I run my msi both shortcuts show up on the desktop. I need to find a way to remove the ones created by the exe that is launched in the MSI.

I am also trying to figure a way out to remove the application installed by the exe when the MSI uninstaller is launched from add/remove programs. Currently both items show up in add/remove and I need to remove the one put there by the exe and set the MSI one to uninstall everything that was installed.
0 Kudos
ametisse
Level 5

Hi,

If you have the MSI which install the shortcuts you want to remove, I think, you can open it in InstallShield and modify it (perhaps with a transform) to delete the shortcuts.

I hope somebody will confirm this idea, because I'm not really sure. :rolleyes:
0 Kudos