cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldadams
Level 3

Delete Registry Key On Install

I need to delete a microsoft caching registry key during my installation. Is there an easy way to do this inside the installshield project? The keys I want to delete is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Discardable\PostSetup\Component Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\Enum

AND

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Discardable\PostSetup\Component Categories\{00021494-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\Enum

I have written .net code to mod. the registry before but was hoping there wa a nice built in way to do this.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What kind of project? If InstallScript, there are RegDBDeleteKey and -DeleteValue functions; for MSI, there's the RemoveRegistry table...
0 Kudos
ldadams
Level 3

Its a Basic MSI project. Where might I find that in the project IDE.

Thank you for your reply.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You can use the Direct Editor view in the Additional Tools view group; what goes in the RemoveRegistry table is described in the MSI help.
0 Kudos
ldadams
Level 3

Thanks for your help I almost have it I think. One question...

What is the Componet_ - (s72) field susposed to be? I see I have some options (ISRegistryComponent,ISRegistryComponent1,ISRegistryComponent2,AllOtherFiles) but was not really sure what they wanted. I checked out the help but that didnt do it for me either.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

You're just picking a component with which the deletion will be associated; is there any component that will "always" be installed (which ensures the key will be deleted)?
0 Kudos