cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retzcat
Level 6

Deinstall taking away too many files

I'm working in 2008 in a pure installscript project. I am creating an additional piece to our product installation. The idea is - the applicaiton will be installed, a customer will buy this portion as an add-on. It installs fine, but when I uninstall it, it takes the original installation files as well. How do I prevent this?
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
retzcat
Level 6

Now when I uninstall- it takes the entire contents of the previous seperate installation of our main product - not just the pieces added in with the seperate add-on installation.

Anyone have an idea of how I could correct this?
Thanks

retzcat wrote:
I'm working in 2008 in a pure installscript project. I am creating an additional piece to our product installation. The idea is - the applicaiton will be installed, a customer will buy this portion as an add-on. It installs fine, but when I uninstall it, it takes the original installation files as well. How do I prevent this?
Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Does the add-on project use the same Product GUID value (in General Information > Product Properties)? Is there a separate entry in Add or Remove Programs for the add-on?
0 Kudos
retzcat
Level 6

Good question. I don't believe so.. Let me look......

Nope- Different GUIDs... Double checked in the registry..

And other ideas why this would happen?
Thanks
RobertDickau wrote:
Does the add-on project use the same Product GUID value (in General Information > Product Properties)? Is there a separate entry in Add or Remove Programs for the add-on?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Is there a separate entry in Add or Remove Programs for the add-on? How are you performing the uninstall?
0 Kudos
retzcat
Level 6

Sorry - Yes there is a seperate entry in the Add/Remove Programs....
retzcat
RobertDickau wrote:
Is there a separate entry in Add or Remove Programs for the add-on? How are you performing the uninstall?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

How are you performing the uninstall?

Also, you might snoop inside the .ilg uninstall log file for the base and add-on products, after both are installed, to see what inadvertent overlap there might be...
0 Kudos
retzcat
Level 6

I think I found a solution.. I changed the OnUninstall() to call FeatureRemoveAllInLogOnly(); ANd the other files were not removed...
Thanks for all the help Robert!
Retz
RobertDickau wrote:
How are you performing the uninstall?

Also, you might snoop inside the .ilg uninstall log file for the base and add-on products, after both are installed, to see what inadvertent overlap there might be...
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Great news---thanks for the follow-up.
0 Kudos