cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharon
Level 5

DTF in installshield

Hi all,

I have went over the DTF references in order to use DTF in ISD 2009 installations. I have seen the next post:
http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=181773
which was very helpful, But one question still remains:

In ISD, How do I pass a session argument to a standard DLL CA in the CA wizard?
I tried passing a handle (HANDLE, CONSTANT, MsiHandle) and call "Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Session.FromHandle(msiHandle, true)" in my c# code, but still not able to use the session properly: Not writing to Log file as expected when calling Log method.

I could not find any reference about Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.Session.FromHandle method.
Surely I am missing someting here.

Please advice,
Thanks a lot,
Sharon.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

InstallShield cannot provide any support specific to DTF, but I believe they build a MSI-comptable DLL. Thus you should use an MSI-style action instead of a "Standard action" (which should perhaps be called legacy action). The MSI DLL action would automatically pass just the MSIHANDLE to the entry point method.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Search my BLOG for DTF and you'll get some tutorials. You don't need the from handle method on the session class because if you consume it as a Type 1 CA as MichaelU says the session class will automatically be bound to the correct handle.
0 Kudos