cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijaymodi_81
Level 3

Customize Dialog for Oracle / Ms Sql Database Connection.

Sorry, if already posted same issue.

I am newbie in this product. I want to create a dialog for Oracle / MS Sql database connection based on user's selection during installation. If user select Oracle then the Oracle connection dialog open else Ms SQL db Connection dialog will open.

I donot understand how to achieve this. Please guide me for the same. I want to provide both type of connection in my installtion.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lord_Sammael
Level 3

Hi there, pal.

People here don't seem to like noobs like the both of us, but let us see... My setup application will need the same functionality you described above. Take a look at the "Install Script" view. Click on the "Before Move Data" and "OnBegin" combo boxes above the script code editor to force it to write down the actual install script code your setup application is using at the moment. Inside the code you can recognize the complete dialog sequence your application setup project is calling during the installation procedure.

Take a look at the "Dialogs" view. Here you will see a lot of default dialog interfaces you can use in your project by calling them from your Install Script code. I have already created a screen where the end-user can specify whether he has an Oracle or SQLServer database available, but so far, it's all I have. From this point on, we'll have to do some research. InstallShield Help, InstallShield User Guide and Acresso Community, here we go!

Hope it helps you in some sort of way. 😛

Best regards,
SAMMAEL
0 Kudos