Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogesh12
Level 3

Customer Information: ALLUSERS value different on Win XP and Vista

Hi,

IS 2008 Basic MSI Project.

During the installation we are using the CustomerInformation Dialog where user selects the installation option for "Any one who uses this computer (all users)" or "Only for me".

On Vista after we select the option "Any one who uses this computer (all users)" the value of ALLUSERS = 1 and when we select the option "Only for me" the value of ALLUSERS = 0. Works very fine.

But on Windows XP after you select any of the option the value of ALLUSERS = 1 always.

Is anybody having any clue on the behaviour of Windows XP.

Is there any different alternative to make the above stated issue work very properly.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
yogesh12
Level 3

Is there any different alternative to make the above stated issue work very properly.
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

PLease generate a log to see what's going on. Are you testing on a frsh OS image/virtual machine?
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
sks2004
Level 4

I am also experiencing the same issue: ALLUSERS always resets to 1. I need to do a per-user installation.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
veemhoo
Level 3

(I noticed that you have to change the checked radio button twice between "Any one who uses this computer (all users)" and "Only for me" before property ALLUSERS contains the correct value.)

Correction:
ALLUSERS property contains correct value (corresponding to radio button selection) after you go to next dialog, then go back to Customer Information and
then go again to next dialog.

I noticed this behavior in Custom Action (vbscript) placed After Customer Information dialog.

I am using IS 2008 Express and Windows XP.
0 Kudos