cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clemson_Grad
Level 3

Custom image does not show up.

Folks,

This might be a simple question. I am stumped on why the custom image does not show up. The code is as follows

#define SETUP1_PATH SUPPORTDIR ^ "Step1.bmp"

STRING szBmpPath;

szBmpPath = SETUP1_PATH;

if ( DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE_VERIFY_BMP, szBmpPath, TRUE) != ISERR_SUCCESS ) then
RecordInLogFile( "Fatal error in displaying the image " );
endif;

nResult = SdWelcome(szTitle, szMsg);

The end result the Welcome screen has no custom image. In the log file i see that this load of the bmp failed. But how do i know why???

Is this something obviously wrong with it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I think the expected usage is:
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, szBmpPath, DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE_VERIFY_BMP);
That is, the -ALTIMAGE_VERIFY_BMP constant is meant for the last argument, when -ALTIMAGE type is passed as the first argument. Maybe try that?
0 Kudos
Clemson_Grad
Level 3

Robert,

I tried that as well and no luck. It says it is successful but only blank screen shows up

if ( DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, szBmpPath, DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE_VERIFY_BMP) != ISERR_SUCCESS ) then
RecordInLogFile( "Fatal error in displaying the image " );
else
RecordInLogFile("Successfully displayed the image" );
endif;

The log shows successful in displaying the image, but nothing shows up on the screen.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Does your bitmap show up on any dialog boxes after SdWelcome? That function normally sets the banner at the top of a dialog box, but initial and final dialog boxes like SdWelcome change just that inset on the left. This ancient newsletter tip goes through some of this (PDF): https://www.flexerasoftware.com/webdocuments/PDF/DialogBitmaps.pdf
0 Kudos
bobmcm461
Level 6

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am running into the same problem. Everything seems to be working correctly, but the Bitmap does not show up.

This is the code that I am testing.

MessageBox(SUPPORTDIR ^ "Sidebar-PSPPM-1.BMP", INFORMATION);
nResult = DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "Sidebar-PSPPM-1.bmp", DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE_VERIFY_BMP);
if (nResult < 0) then
szMessage = SUPPORTDIR ^ "Sidebar-PSPPM-1.bmp not found";
MessageBox(szMessage, INFORMATION);
abort;
else
MessageBox("OK", INFORMATION);
endif;

I have verified that the file exists where it says, but the sidebar graphic does not show up. I just get a blank area.

I've done this in the past with no problem. The only difference is that I am doing this in Test UI. Could this be an issue?

Thanks,
Robert M.
0 Kudos
bobmcm461
Level 6

I found the problem. InstallShield does not like 32 bit color depth. I changed the sidebar to 24 bit color depth, and the image showed up with no changes to code.

Thanks,
Robert M.
0 Kudos