cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FWI005
Level 3

Custom dialogs for Installscript MSI Project need help

I'm trying to use a custom dialog that I made, with an InstallScript MSI Project, but am having trouble getting it into the installscript (setup.rul). I keep getting compile errors. The name of the custom dialog I want to display is called SdMinSysReq. I have included an attachment of the error.

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Part of the problem is you're missing a colon (:) after Dlg_SdMinSysReq, but I'm uncertain why SdMinSysReq isn't (or should be) defined - that probably is or should be somewhere else in your code, but may be due to the missing colon.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If Dlg_SdMinSysReq is a label (the target of a goto), you'll want to add a colon after it.
0 Kudos
FWI005
Level 3

I added a colon after Dlg_SdMinSysReq but I still get two compile errors. And where in my script should I define my custom dialog?

EDIT: I got my dialog to work by editing a predefined dialog. But now I'm having other problems 😞 (figures). I'm having trouble understanding the functions of SdSelectFolder. Also, how do I enable SdSelectFolder to create shortcuts in the startmenu programs folder?
Here is an example from the documentation:

/*--------------------------------------------------------------*\

* InstallShield Example Script

* Demonstrates the SdSelectFolder function.

* SdSelectFolder is called to prompt the user to select a

* folder.

* Note: Before running this script, verify that the constant

* DEF_FOLDER references an existing folder on the

* target computer.

\*--------------------------------------------------------------*/

#define DEF_FOLDER "Startup"

#include "Ifx.h"

function OnBegin()

STRING szTitle, szMsg, svDefGroup;

begin

// Set up parameters for call to SdSelectFolder.

szTitle = "SdSelectFolder Example";

szMsg = "";

svDefGroup = DEF_FOLDER;

// Get user's folder selection.

SdSelectFolder (szTitle, szMsg, svDefGroup);

end;
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Call the function name which you have defined in the custom dialog definition section.. Do not call the dialog name directly in the label. or can you show the code of the definition of your custom dialog.
0 Kudos