Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_sandal_
Level 3

Custom FileInUse dialog doesn't appear

Hi all,

I'm working with Basic MSI project.

I want to use modified Installshield FileInUse dialog that looks like on first image.

But, when my application is open during uninstallation process, I see another dialog that looks like second attached image (with MyApplication).

The question is: How to activate FileInUse dialog that is provided by Installshield dialogs designer?

installation tested on Windows XP

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Generally running uninstallation from the ARP runs a basic or silent uninstallation. If you choose modify in the ARP, and then remove as the option, do you get the dialog you prefer?
0 Kudos
_sandal_
Level 3

Yes, you are right. I have no modify option usually. For testing this I enabled it and finally I got this Installshield dialog. But, usually I have only remove option. And, I have a request from users to change FileInUse dialog.

Is it possible somehow to run not basic uninstallation from ARP?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

No trivial way, no, except perhaps switching to InstallScript MSI (something I wouldn't recommend doing just for this). If you're up for a challenge, you could set ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT and write your own extra Uninstall key which could then run anything you wanted. Check out Heath Stewart's blog series related to ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT if you want to get an idea of the large number of cases you'd need to consider.
0 Kudos