cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnaKumar
Level 5

Custom Action during uninstallation.

Hi,

I am using InstallShield 2008 to build a setup for my project. It is a basic MSI project. I want a custom Action to fire during the uninstallation process. The custom action should fire first and only if that custom Action gets executed successfully the rest of the uninstallation process should proceed else it should revert back to the original state. The product should not get unInstalled.

Awaiting your early response.

Thanks in advance

krishna kumar. P
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

CA's can handle exit codes and a failure will cause a rollback resulting in no uninstall. Careful though, this can be a very bad user experience.

Before giving a proper answer, more data is needed. What kind of CA do you want to write? (Script, DLL, EXE? ) Does the CA make system configuration changes or does it only gather data and process business logic to block the uninstall?
0 Kudos
krishnaKumar
Level 5

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my query. The CA is dll. The dll deactivates an activeID in one of the servers. For this deactivation purpose we need an active internet connection, If the deactivation is successful, the function in the library returns a value true else false. If the value is true the uninstallation should continue else it should abort the process. I hope i have made an attempt to explain to u properly. Also please let me know in which sequence should this be inserted?. This should fire only during uninstallation.

awaiting ur reply

Thanks once again

krishna kumar.P
0 Kudos