cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dholmes
Level 2

Custom Action - Powershell

I am trying to execute a powershell script from InstallSheild2013. My settings are:

Actions:
Return Processing: Synchronous (Check exit code)
In-Script Execution: Deferred Execution

Sequence:
Install Exec Sequence: After RegisterComPlus

It doesn't matter where I put the sequence (must be within InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize) it does not execute. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

I am wondering if the property you have set is causing the problem with DEFERRED types of custom actions.
For a deferred type only a select set of properties are available to the custom action.

• CustomActionData
  • ProductCode
  • UserSID

Look at the following web page for more info regarding CAD. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370543(v=vs.85).aspx

However, I do not recall when the condition for a deferred custom action is evaluated. Look at your MSI log file for the installer and see what happens for this. Also double check to see if the property for POWERSHELLVERSION is set to a value.
0 Kudos
TheInfamousOne
Level 3

Hello all, I ran across this thread and thought I would ask for some help here.

I changed jobs, before I was able to just right click custom actions and then add a powershell script. I could do it by "Stroing to Binay Table" or "Installed with Product". But I was using InstallSheild version 2014. But when I changed jobs, they are using it on version 2013 and I don't have the same options available.

Can someone point me in the correct direction to use a powershell script in version 2013?
0 Kudos