cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esiemiat
Level 9

CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msm Errors

Has anyone experienced problems with the CrystalReports11_5_NET_2005 merge module when used with the merge module holder object inside a pure InstallScript project.

When I add this MSM to a holder object that already contains a merge module I recieve a CPP build time error so I am forced to add it to a new holder object.

Once I get the project to build by seperating this MSM out, the install throws the following error when the merge module holder tries to install the files.

Internal Error 2602. File, bridgelogonform_sv.html.03EDEA8C_20ED_4CDD_A488_566CD351DCAC

I have also attached a ZIP file containing two log files to hopefully help shed some light on this situation.
[LIST=1]
  • MergeModHolder_Log.txt: Is the log file created by the merge module holder object when the merge module is installed inside my install.
  • MSI_Log.txt: Is the log file that I created when I tried to run the MSI file, created by the holder object, outside my install.

I should also note that I have tried many versions of this MSM with no luck, and the MSM worked fine when I built it into a basic MSI project. This must have something to do with the merge module holder object, but I do not know enough about MSI's and MSM's to determine what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Labels (1)
    0 Kudos
    (5) Replies
    esiemiat
    Level 9

Sorry, I forgot to include all the info on the build time error. I am not sure if this is related to the bigger problem explained above, but I have a feeling it is.

This MSM can be added to a holder object with other MSM's, it is just certain MSM's like the Crystal 11 RDC MSM's that cause a problem. Anyway, here is the build log from a blank project that contains the error I get when I combine the 2005 MSM with certain other MSM's.
    0 Kudos
    dubosgrl
    Level 2

I have been having the exact same error. I have not yet found a way to resolve this, and was wondering if you have. Thanks in advance for any responses. :confused:
    0 Kudos
    esiemiat
    Level 9

Here is the response I received from support.

This problem has been reproduced and determined to be an issue in our software. This issue has been submitted to our Engineering team as issue # IOC-000063018. At this moment, there is no estimated time frame for when this issue will be addressed. As per our phone conversation, the best work around for this at the moment is to create a Basic MSI and launch that setup from your InstallScript project.
    0 Kudos
    markclabaugh
    Level 3

Crystal Reports is a MAJOR reporting tool and it is totally unacceptable that we cannot install the runtime for Crystal Reports using InstallShield 2008.

Furthermore, it is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to give "At this moment, there is no estimated time frame for when this issue will be addressed." as relief to this issue.

I as everyone here has invested several thousand dollars into this tool billed as the "Premier" install tool in the business. The Installer Standard. Now only to find out that you cannot install the Run Time for the most popular reporting standard in the business.

Come on guys, you can do better than that.
    0 Kudos
    esiemiat
    Level 9

I agree, unfortunately InstallShield does not fix bugs regularly.

The workaround I used was to create a Basic MSI installer just for that merge module. I then create a custom InstallScript object to install and trap errors for that MSI. It's not pretty but it works and will make my life easier until a fix is created for the merge module holder object.
    0 Kudos