cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvillalobos
Level 2

Crystal Reports for VS 2012

Hi, all

I've migrated a WinForms App to VS 2012 and I'm trying to re-create the setup program with IS LE Spring for VS 2012. The app has been migrated to Framework 4.5. It uses Crystal Reports, and I've got all the binaries required for it (msi, mergemodules and so on). My app can be executed in both 32 and 64 bit systems, and I've got the CR's binaries for both.

The question is: how can I include them in my IS LE project so that the CR binaries can be installed silently or with no intervention? I've tried to include the CR's msm in [program files]\common files\merge modules, but it does not work - the CR reports fails in runtime. Everyting is fine if I install the CR runtime separately.

What's the right way to do it? MSI, MSM? How can a msi be included and how can it be launched from the setup?

Thanks,

Regards,

Jesus - Spain
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

It is not possible to achieve the required behavior using installshield Limited edition as it do not support creating new prerequisites.

You may try using a custom action to launch the crystal report installation file(.msi) with in the setup.exe.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos