cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JP_Lee
Level 3

setup.exe not capturing all project dependencies

I know I've posted this in the ISLE subforum, but I've installed the trial of InstallShield 2012 Spring Express to see if that would resolve the issue, but it hasn't.

Basically, as setup projects have been deprecated from VS2010 to VS2012, we're looking for something to replace setup projects.

I've installed the trial of 2012 Spring Express, and added a new express setup project to my solution. The current solution contains the main application exe, and about 80 odd dll projects that the main exe's are dependent on.

When I build my solution, it builds and the application runs. I can see in my bin folder all of the required dependency dlls.

However, I create a setup project in InstallShield, in my files view, I add the primary output and the content files into my install directory. However, when I install the produced setup.exe, about 10 dll files are missing, most of them being DLL's being compiled in the very same solution. Some of the missing files are directly references in the main application's reference list.

I've checked my references and copy local is configured correctly (also the fact that the projects runs in VS2012 also means they are there), and I've also checked my project dependencies for my main application exe and I'm the files I'm missing are ticked in that screen.

The perform static scan function does not pick up the additional files.

What am I missing?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Suhas_Hegde
Level 3

JP Lee wrote:
I know I've posted this in the ISLE subforum, but I've installed the trial of InstallShield 2012 Spring Express to see if that would resolve the issue, but it hasn't.

Basically, as setup projects have been deprecated from VS2010 to VS2012, we're looking for something to replace setup projects.

I've installed the trial of 2012 Spring Express, and added a new express setup project to my solution. The current solution contains the main application exe, and about 80 odd dll projects that the main exe's are dependent on.

When I build my solution, it builds and the application runs. I can see in my bin folder all of the required dependency dlls.

However, I create a setup project in InstallShield, in my files view, I add the primary output and the content files into my install directory. However, when I install the produced setup.exe, about 10 dll files are missing, most of them being DLL's being compiled in the very same solution. Some of the missing files are directly references in the main application's reference list.

I've checked my references and copy local is configured correctly (also the fact that the projects runs in VS2012 also means they are there), and I've also checked my project dependencies for my main application exe and I'm the files I'm missing are ticked in that screen.

The perform static scan function does not pick up the additional files.

What am I missing?

try using Dynamic linking so that it captures all the files from the required directory.
0 Kudos