cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wodzuu
Level 2

Creating installation package from command line

Hello,

I am trying to build my .NET solution which includes InstallShield 2013 LE installer project from command line (MSBuild on Bamboo server). The executed command line is as simple as: msbuild my.sln /property:Configuration=Release /toolsversion:4.0 When I execute this command on my developer machine it works beautifully. However on machine where Bamboo builds this project there is no Visual Studio. I almost managed to make it work, but one last bit that I cannot get through is signing installer with SSL certificate. It crashes miserably with following message: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file "... \Express\Interm\certificate.msi". Make sure the digital signature information provided in the IDE is correct.. I am able to reproduce this on my local machine by providing no/wrong password to the certificate.

Can you tell me how to set up this password on build machine where Visual Studio is not installed? I read that password are stored in .ism files, however they are binary - hard to see what's going on there. Copying .ism files to build machine does not help. What can I do to make it work?

Thank you in advance for any kind of support.
Maciej

Product: InstallShield 2013 LE
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

I would say to create a release in the IDE with the correct credentials and build the specific release on the build machine after.
I do not think you can specify that in the command line.
0 Kudos