cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

Creating an hourly Scheduled Task.

I have an InstallScript MSI project and I had created Scheduled Tasks. One of the tasks I need to modify this to be a recurring task to run ever hour. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? As the Scheduled Task node located under the System Configuration --> Scheduled Tasks only has the daily schedule type as the minimum interval you can create.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

An hourly scheduled task can be configured through the Advanced settings that is available in the Windows Task Scheduler, but InstallShield currently doesn't support it. Therefore, I file the enhancement work order #IOJ-1699991 to take into consideration for a future release.

Thank you for your feedback!
0 Kudos
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

hidenori wrote:
An hourly scheduled task can be configured through the Advanced settings that is available in the Windows Task Scheduler, but InstallShield currently doesn't support it. Therefore, I file the enhancement work order #IOJ-1699991 to take into consideration for a future release.

Thank you for you feedback!

Thank you very much for the enhancement request as this will help in the future but, how do I accomplish this now? I understand I cannot use the current nodes however, is there a method that will accomplish what I need to do?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

To get it workaround, you can create your own custom action that will manage your scheduled tasks. See this post as an example on how a scheduled task can be created with the Schtasks.exe command.
0 Kudos
Muhanned_Maayeh
Level 4

hidenori wrote:
To get it workaround, you can create your own custom action that will manage your scheduled tasks. See this post as an example on how a scheduled task can be created with the Schtasks.exe command.

Thank you very much I will check this post out.
0 Kudos