cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmoss
Level 2

Creating a build using MSBUILD through hudson on a separate build machine

Hi,

We currently use hudson to create all our deployment packages. I am using the command line MSBUILD to generate my compiled code and installer.

When I try and run the MSBUILD command line for my installshield package I get the following:-

error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012SpringLimited\InstallShield.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

I realised this was because installshield LE was not installed on the build machine. My issue is that when i downloaded and tried to install ISLE it got a message stating that I need to install VS2010 to be able to run the install. I cannot install VS2010 on the build machine as I only have a single developer license and by installing it on a second machine would break that license. How do i go about producing builds on my build machine if I cant install ISLE?

Thanks,

Dave
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Are you using "Standalone Build" on TFS build server or on a normal build machine ?

Installshield 2012 spring Limited Edition will be integrated in to Visual Studio 2012 after installing it on any machine with visual studio 2012. It cann't be installed/run directly without Visual Studio 2012.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
Kolja_
Level 3

Is the Standalone Version free for Limited Edition Users and where do we get it?
0 Kudos
Kolja_
Level 3

Can we use the standalone version if we're just Limited Edition Users? If yes, where is the download?
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

There is no stand alone version for InstallShield Limited Edition.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos