Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Create Controls at Runtime

Hi,

I'm new to InstallShield and I wanted to know if it is possible to create a new dialog control at runtime.

I am working on an InstallScript project. I want to add an extra edit field to one of the standard dialogs. It is a multi-language installation, so if I edit the dialog and then add new languages later, it appears in English for newly added languages.

As the only thing I want to do is add another edit field, I wanted to do this at runtime within the script.

Is it possible? If not, is there another way to achieve the same result?

Thanks,

Rich.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

I would simply clone the dialog and add the additional field to the cloned one. Use InstallScript to decide which dialog should be displayed during the installation interview.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Holger_G wrote:
I would simply clone the dialog and add the additional field to the cloned one. Use InstallScript to decide which dialog should be displayed during the installation interview.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how that will help with adding languages though. Won't they still be in English?

My only solution so far seems to be resetting the dialog to its default after adding a language and then adding the control again.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Before making any adjustments to dialogs just enable almost all available languages inside the project even if you don´t need them all. That helps me in the past.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Holger_G wrote:
Before making any adjustments to dialogs just enable almost all available languages inside the project even if you don´t need them all. That helps me in the past.

That could work. Great idea and very simple.

Thanks for your help.

Rich.
0 Kudos