cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonAIR
Level 6

Component ordering in InstallScript

I am wondering if components are in a proper order when installed via an InstallScript project or you can manipulate via code?

For example, I am using SQLRTComponentInstall for script runs, and I want to run attach scripts to MDF/LDFs that are attached. Since SQLRTComponentInstall runs during file move, I need to make sure the MDF and LDF component are copied prior to running the script. If Components install in a specific order that solves the question, just am looking to find out what order? If not, is their a code way to see if a component has been deployed before?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

DonAIR wrote:
I am wondering if components are in a proper order when installed via an InstallScript project or you can manipulate via code?

For example, I am using SQLRTComponentInstall for script runs, and I want to run attach scripts to MDF/LDFs that are attached. Since SQLRTComponentInstall runs during file move, I need to make sure the MDF and LDF component are copied prior to running the script. If Components install in a specific order that solves the question, just am looking to find out what order? If not, is their a code way to see if a component has been deployed before?

Hi,

Windows installer works in certain sequence.if you know sequence number of SQLRTComponentInstall,you can make sure that it runs in expected order

You might find some relevant information in the below link:

https://community.flexerasoftware.com/archive/index.php?t-199644.html

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos