cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
napalmer
Level 4

Command Line Build error

Whenever I try to compile my project using InstallShieldMultiPlatformCommandLineBuild.exe it gives me this error but continues to build:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: $A(SOURCE)\lib\HIT64_regkeys_mod.reg (The system cannot find the path specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:106)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32RegistryProcessor.(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32RegistryUpdate.getBuildtimeOperationsList(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.installshield.isje.build.AssemblyManifestCreator.getRegistryChanges(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.build.AssemblyManifestCreator.getBeanInformation(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.build.AssemblyManifestCreator.getComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.build.AssemblyManifestCreator.getBeanInformation(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.build.AssemblyManifestCreator.getFeatures(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.build.AssemblyManifestCreator.getProductInformation(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.build.AssemblyManifestCreator.create(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.product.ProductProject.buildUniversalConfiguration(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.product.ProductProject.buildInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.wizard.BaseWizardProject.build(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.commandline.CommandLineProcessor.processCommandLineArguments(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.isje.ISJE.main(Unknown Source)

I know that it says it can't find the reg file, but I checked and it is in the source location so I don't know why it can't find it now. Also, I don't get this problem when I used the GUI build (atleast not that I've ever seen). Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

At the beginning of the command line build output, you should get a line telling you what explicit path the command line builder is using for the SOURCE path variable. Verify that this is the correct path on your build system. You can also try explicitly setting SOURCE to the correct path (or a different path, for that matter) using the -pathVariable SOURCE="..." argument.
0 Kudos
napalmer
Level 4

SOURCE is pointing to the correct location (I'm using -pathVariable to set it in the command line) and I also use SOURCE to locate 80% of the files I use in the build, but the registry file is the only one it can't seem to locate.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Well....I get the same thing, so it looks like a bug in 11.5. It is occuring when you build in the IDE is well, just that the exception is hidden unless you have a java console open. The bad news is that it will occur whenever a $A(...) expression is used in the Win32 Registry Update bean. The good news is that despite the exception, the .reg file is still built into the bean and the bean works as expected. So if you can live with disregarding the exception in the build output, it's not too major. Also, the exception does not change the overall error code for the build process (it's still 0).
0 Kudos
napalmer
Level 4

Ok, well it's not a problem to ignore it as long as the reg file is still executed, thanks for the help.
0 Kudos