cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
microstar
Level 5

Code Signing

I converted a project from IS 2008. While building the setup.exe in IS 2011 I have to enter the password for signing about 30 times. In all the places I know I have entered the password in the project, still Installshield needs it about 30 times manually. I do not sign individual files. How is this possible. Giving the password 1 time (or even 0 times, because it is allready in the project) should be enough?????
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you try the hotfix posted at:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=194643

Then re-enter your passwords in the release view.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

thank you mike, i will try just that. I will come back to you when it works or when it doesnt work.... 😉
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

sorry mike, this does not help. Copied the ocx to the correct folder and I reentered all my passwords, but I still have to enter the same password 17 times (exactly) each build. Any ideas ???

Henri
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Are you using a SPC or PFX file for the signing? We use slightly different methods to set the password in these cases. Generally PFX works better. The method we use for setting the password for SPC files attempts to find the password dialog and put the password in it, then click OK on the dialog. It is possible we are failing to find the password dialog in your case.

If you are not using a PFX, you may want to switch to one.
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

I am using a spc-file for signing (and pvk). Those are the files Verisign gave me 😉
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The following help topic has some information on how to generate a .pfx file from the .spc and .pvk files:
Digital Signing and Security
You might want to try that, and then switch to the .pfx file in your project.
0 Kudos
microstar
Level 5

Yes Debbie (and Mike), that did the trick! I dont have to sign over and over again 😉 ... thanks a lot!!

Henri
0 Kudos