cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanceRas
Level 7

Code Signing in Merge Module fails

Merge Module converted from IS2010 Pro into IS2011 Pro that did not have Signing.

Entered code signing and get password incorrect errors when building.

Went back to IS2010 and entered code signing info. Built with no issue. Converted to IS2011 and it too built with no isssue.

Went back to IS2010 and cleared code signing info. Converted to IS2011 and entered code signing info. Failed.

Yes, I'm entering password and locations exactly.

The conversions are using copies for IS2010 projects, not taking the project and making it go backwards.

Created a brand new merge module project and made one component with an EXE. Entered code signing information. Built. Failed for same reason regarding password.

I think somehow what is either stored or being passed into the code signing tool is incorrect.

This is mission critical and the only resolution is to create your project in IS2010 and set the code sign information and then convert.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We are looking into this. We should have an answer for you tomorrow.
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

Thank you Mike!

If you need me to field test a solution, feel free to post resolution here or email me whatever instructions or exe/dll's and I can verify very quickly.

Lance

Mike Marino wrote:
We are looking into this. We should have an answer for you tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We tracked this problem down to an issue how the Certificate Password field in the releases view is being stored in IS2011.

So if you enter any password in the IS2011 Certificate Password field, it will not work. Upgraded project will work, until you try to change the password in IS2011.

If you replace your copy iswsbuild.ocx with the attached version, the issue will be corrected. We will get a KB for this written soon.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

Mike Marino wrote:

If you replace your copy iswsbuild.ocx with the attached version, the issue will be corrected. We will get a KB for this written soon.

Thanks,
Mike

Confirmed that the patch worked and resolves this issue. (For those who don't know where to put the file, it goes into the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\System directory on a x86 OS install.

Mike - thank you and the dev team for the very fast response to this issue.
0 Kudos