cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_iyer
Level 3

ClickOnce2Dim Error

I'm trying to convert a clickonce package to msi and I continue to get this error even after installing all the prerequisites from the link provided in Tools -> Check for Updates.
Attached is a screenshot of the error.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

It sounds like you need to run the InstallShield 2011 .NET and J# for Collaboration Support setup that is posted on this page:
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/installshield/files-utilities.htm

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
r_iyer
Level 3

Thanks Debbie. I've already installed them; it didn't help. I still get the same annoying error. I can see .net and j# in my installed programs and they seem to be of the same version, so not sure what it keeps complaining about.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Have you applied InstallShield 2011 Hotfix A?
0 Kudos
r_iyer
Level 3

Yes. And Tools -> Check for Updates says I don't have anything else to update.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Please copy the attached ClickOnce2Dim.exe to the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\System folder and see if the problem is solved. Make sure that you restart the InstallShield IDE after you apply the hotfix.

Regards.
0 Kudos
r_iyer
Level 3

This version works. Thanks much Hidenori!
0 Kudos
chriz78
Level 3

Really sorry to bump a 6 year old thread, but unfortunately some companies are still creating installs with ClickOnce. I am running Windows 7 64-bit with AdminStudio 2016 SP1 enterprise. I copied the exe file provided in this thread to "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2016\System". I ran the file and at the end of the conversion it said it could not write to the .ism file and gave me a "Not Implemented" error. It created the .dim and .ism files but the dim won't open and the ism hardly has anything in it. I have attached the log file. I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

Chris
0 Kudos
bestellen
Level 4

Have you applied InstallShield 2011 Hotfix A?
0 Kudos