cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimcarlsen
Level 4

ClassInfo missing

Hi
After upgrading my projects from IS 11.5 to IS 2008 I get some strange errors with one of my projects.
My mergemodules have COM extract at build at some files. When these MSM are included in my setup, the Class table is filed like normal, but when I install the product the ClassInfo is NOT merged into the registry.
But if I create a new project in IS 2008 including the same MSM, there's no problem.
I can't recreate the entire project, so how do I solve this?
I tried the debugger and break it at registreClassInfo, but nothings is merged into the registry at that point?
I can't see any difference between the two projects that can make that error.
What happens??

Regards
Kim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Is the Class information from the merge module present in your built MSI package?

Can you try logging the installation of the MSI package to see if the component containing the COM information is being installed (a verbose log tends to be more helpful than the debugger when attempting to troubleshoot installation issues)?
0 Kudos
kimcarlsen
Level 4

Hi
Yes the info from the mergemodule is merged into the MSI.
But it's merged wrong at build time. I found the problem, and it seems like a bug in IS.
When I include one of my MSM (e.g. msm1 in feature 1) that have dependencies to another of my MSM(msm2 in feature 2) the rows in Class table for components from msm1 is associated with the wrong feature (2).
Feature 1 is parent for feature 2, but feature 2 is not installed by default. So if I install everything it works.
I will report this to their support.

Regards and merry Christmas
Kim
0 Kudos
Weiman
Level 4

Hi Kim,

Did you get any response on your bug report? I have come across the exact same problem (although I'm not able to reproduce it in a test project..).

Johannes
0 Kudos
kimcarlsen
Level 4

hi

Sort off. I changed my project structure to prevent it.
It's reported as a product enhancment, so it warns about it when you build your package.

Regads
kim
0 Kudos